Sunday, April 06, 2008

What the Meme?!

Stumbling upon the underground world of blogging a mere 3 months ago, I have quickly descended into the depths of the "Blogging Addiction" I'm sure you're familiar with. I find myself thinking about it incessantly, sneaking in a blog here, a comment there - feeling a constant sense of urgency to do more and never doing enough (the story of my life). All the while, I desperately hold on to treasure my whopping 4 known loyal readers, reveling in their comments, entertaining myself with their blogs, feeling a sense of contentment in my new little world with my new little bloggy friends. But I lie. Because as much as I'm enjoying my newfound blogging relationships, I can't help but obsessively check my stats (which suck BTW), and subscriber list (which goes up and down every day? - please explain this to me somebody), and wonder, who else is out there? So, I peek outside of my comfort zone, crashing other blogs only to be overwhelmed by how much unchartered cyberspace territory I have yet to explore, a whole wide blogosphere filled with amazingly witty and clever women bloggers everywhere I turn, and secret blogging terms like "meme", "tagging", and "blogroll" that pop up in every other blog I wander into - woven into this secret society's language that is still so foreign to me.

So, last night during my many excursions into the unknown, I landed on a post explaining "memes". I kind of get it, but it's like cooking. Until I actually do it, I'm kind of like - duh - ya know? So here it goes, my 1st attempt to start a meme:

"5 Classes I Wish They Would've Taught In School"

*Start Copy Here*

restless housewife ~ mommypie ~ bad mom ~ wifey's house ~ crunchy carpets ~ redhead in vegas ~ donna reed in blue jeans ~ angel's mind

*End Copy Here*

So, for the people above I have tagged (and anyone else that comes across this and wants to do it), please create a post using the meme subject. Then copy and paste the above, add 5 more links, and tag them!

Am I doing this right? Does this make sense?

Now I just gotta find y'all!

P.S. My meme post is over here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh good one! I'll have to think on this for a bit ...

And great post you linked to, explaining the whole meme thing (although I still don't get what meme MEANS. Memory? Membrane?) - I didn't know I was supposed to list everyone that's been tagged - even the people someone else tagged before me - but it totally makes sense!

Fun - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the obsession, btw.

This is good though. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

If it's any consolation, I'm right there with you. It's a sickness.

Unknown said...

OK, mission accomplished. This is my first meme - big smiles! Check me out...

http://wifeyshouse.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-memed.html

AngelConradie said...

i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict
i am not an addict

tag accepted- 'coz i can't resist a tag dontchaknow... i'll have to dwell on it a littl okay...?

Restless Ink said...

MP: I did a Wikepedia search on it and all it did was confuse me more. Even though we're doing it now, I still feel like I don't get it all the way. But that's just my neurosis talking.

MP & Angel: Hi, my name is RHW and I'm a blogaholic.

Angel: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with:-)

Donna Reed In Blue Jeans said...

Okay, I posted my meme, but how do I message my blogroll to let them know that they were tagged? Can you tell that I'm new to this?:)